QA Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (RQF)
Having the correct paediatric first aid provision is not only a statutory requirement for the majority of childcare providers, it is extremely important for the safety of children.
The QA Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (RQF) qualification is ideal for those who work or intend to work in a childcare setting as it is been specifically designed to fulfil Ofsted’s first aid requirements for early years teachers, nursery workers and childminders.
Successful candidates will learn the roles and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider, and will be equipped with the necessary skills to administer safe and effective treatment when dealing with a range of paediatric first aid situations.
- The roles and responsibilities of a paediatric first aider
- Assessing an emergency situation
- Dealing with an unresponsive infant or child
- Recovery Position
- CPR and AED
- Head and Spinal Injuries
- Anaphylaxis and allergic reactions
- Febrile Convulsions
- Diabetic emergencies
- Burns and scalds
- Electric shock
- External bleeding
- Hypovolaemic shock
- Eye, ear and nose conditions
- Bites and stings
- Minor injuries
- Treatment for hot and cold body temperatures